On 17/05/2006, at 5:24 AM, Dave Land wrote:

On May 16, 2006, at 8:20 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Documentary Film on Autism Stuns Internet Viewers
"Autism Every Day"  produced for Autism Speaks.

This is very difficult to watch: my heart is breaking for these parents
and their children...

I've helped with autistic kids a few times, most recently while in Albany, Western Australia where I helped at a Christmas party. I have the utmost respect for those who working with people with learning problems, social difficulties or mental and physical handicaps on a daily basis, and even more so for the parents who genuinely engage and sacrifice to make life as good as possible for their children in that situation (and not all do, by any means).

I think it's impossible for me to say this without pissing somebody off -- including myself -- but watching this reminded me that there are worse
things than having your child die of brain cancer.

There's always something worse. But not at the time. A lot easier standing outside looking in, than living it.

Charlie