True, but he remains a favorite because I read his "proof" ages ago, when I
was 15 or 16 (>35 years ago).

> Nothing to do with the veracity of the source material - the same
> algorithms work equally well on any body of english text that is
> sufficiently long...

That's true.  One thing that's interesting is that the Bible does have
numerical codes that mean something.  For example, the Numbers of the Beast
found in ancient copies of Revelations (666 is the most common, but there
are some very old texts that have the Number of the Beast as 616) refers to
Nero in both variations of the number (666 and 616).

Dan M.