Easy teamwork at your fingertips with high-tech table

Friday, June 2, 2006; Posted: 10:52 a.m. EDT (14:52 GMT)

KAMAKURA, Japan (AP) -- When a small group crowds around a personal computer to work on a project, there's often considerable shuffling for a good view of the monitor and control of the mouse or keyboard.

A new technology from Mitsubishi Electric Corp. aims to make such collaboration easier by borrowing some ideas from a common piece of furniture: the table.

Mitsubishi's DiamondTouch displays a PC screen on a high-tech tabletop. People sitting around it use their fingers to create and manipulate projected virtual objects, with the system knowing whose fingers did what thanks to small currents of electricity that flow through the chairs.

Article at <<http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/06/02/japan.tech.table.ap/index.html>>

--Ronn!  :)

"Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance... UNDER GOD. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer and that would be eliminated from schools too?"
   -- Red Skelton

(Someone asked me to change my .sig quote back, so I did.)