On Jun 26, 2006, at 7:28 AM, The Fool wrote:

What was that about cell-phone radiation not being able to penetrate the
skull again?

No one seriously has said so, to my knowledge. The 900 MHz signal is definitely powerful enough to radiate into tissue, but its signal falloff (inverse square law) is significant and most of its intensity drops to nil within about six inches of the antenna.

That's at peak radiation levels -- when the phone is connecting to a network or receiving an incoming call. Standard transmission levels are low enough to be well within safety levels for wireless devices.

Don't tweak a ham; we know this stuff. Cellular phones' radiation can and does penetrate the brain. What it doesn't do is cause cancer. If it was dangerous, you'd burn your fingers whenever you touched the antenna.

Really.

--
Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
<http://books.nightwares.com/>