On 26/07/2006, at 10:43 PM, PAT MATHEWS wrote:

From: Charlie Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

So souls can be combined as well as created? Or do identical twins share a soul?

The ones I have met have each had their own soul, and from all accounts, that's even true of conjoined twins. The rule may be, one soul per functioning head.

So, souls are linked to minds? And the head ceasing to function (say, severe brain trauma, leading to brain death and persistent vegetative state) equates to loss of the soul?

I'm just trying to follow this line of thinking. Because if, like Rich and myself, one doesn't believe in "souls", only in minds, then the end result is the same.

Charlie