On 27/07/2006, at 10:49 AM, Damon Agretto wrote:

How many pregnancies are planned, and how many are "accidental?"

I guess it would all depend on the technology. But whether people plan their pregnancies around the tax season or their new-age hippie health classes is irrelevant to the question: creating a system of artificial iron wombs eliminates the emotional effects for a woman of having a baby growing inside of them. Some may be totally skeeved by this idea; my fiancee (we have a baby, BTW -- she's 6mo old, 7 in early August) however commented that she misses things like the kicks, the movement, etc. Of course I cannot relate to that on any level; being a male I have nothing in my life experiences to compare it to. And to get proper feedback, that question should be postulated to both pre-pregnancy, and post-birth women.

I also think the idea of iron wombs cheapens the enture reproductive process. That is my purely emotional hippie liberal opinion...

I didn't say I thought it was a good idea. Just that other people probably will.

Takes all sorts.

Charlie