On 29 Jul 2006, at 8:25PM, Dan Minette wrote:
-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick Arnett I
think this is about a failure to work through our pain and grief
about 9/11 and much more in a healthy manner. As a nation, as a
culture, we have thrown away most of the rituals and ceremonies that
allow us to acknowledge and express our pain and frustration, which
blocks us from taking appropriate action and celebrating what we do
have. If that is political, so be it, but it has nothing to do with
partisanship.

One good step would be to depoliticize ceremonies.

And dereligionise them.

-- William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web  : http://www.wtgab.demon.co.uk
Blog : http://radio.weblogs.com/0111221/

And yes, OSX is marvelous. Its merest bootlace, Windows is not worthy to kiss. - David Brin