Charlie Bell wrote:
Where do you think our primitive cultures came from? They are all descended from higher cultures, descended from the drop outs and "hippies" of prior civilizations. Do you suppose that the Maya are the only illiterate natives descended from high culture? If we had the written history to prove it, which we don't, we would find that virtually all primitive cultures are like the Maya in that respect, fallen from a higher culture.
I'm beginning to think you're pulling my leg, rather than engaging in a real discussion. Which is fine, but a smiley would be nice.
I am not pulling your leg. I don't have the same reverence for currently fashionable scientific thought that many have in our culture. I have an abiding confidence in all human ignorance, especially my own. --JWR