Doug Pensinger wrote:
Brother John wrote:

Consider the marvelous book by Jared Diamond called /Guns, Germs and Steel. /It is almost all conjecture. It is very good conjecture perhaps, but conjecture nevertheless.

Have you read it?
Yes, I read it. And I really enjoyed the first half. Then I got bored with the constant statement of conjectures as fact.
Consider the very important paleoanthropological find in the Columbia River Valley called the Kenniwick Man. We know from a study of his skull and other bones that he was not racially related to the Native Americans that now occupy that part of the world. He seems to have been of European ancestry or at least his bones are more European-like than any of the Native Americans today.
I thought that they've concluded that he was probably an ancestor of the Jomon, who also were the ancestors of the Ainu people of Japan.
Who are "they?" The last I read "they" were of a multitude of opinions with little if anything upon which to base their opinion.
But what chance is there that we will ever be able to figure out where he came from, or what happened to his descendants if he had any? There is no way to answer such questions scientifically.

We do know that he had a stone projectile point embedded in his pelvis.
Yes, but we do not know how he died, or how he came to be where he was. The stone point was obviously not what killed him because it was an old injury when he died. --JWR