David Hobby wrote:

Agnostic, but Atheist if pushed.  I take most insects
out of the house without killing them.  Why?  Because
it's easy to do, and might reduce suffering.

My cousin the entomologist would catch flies in his hand and toss them out the window still alive.

The only flying insects he'd kill were mosquitoes. Unless he was trying to study something, and then he'd only kill as many individuals as he needed for study. (By the time he was really good at throwing flies out the window, he'd narrowed his study down to crickets, and was more interested in studying them live than dead.)

        Julia