--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Richard Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> JDG said:
>
> > You'll have to refresh my memory then, as I honestly don't recall
the
> > question....
>
> There's a clarified version of the question on my weblog at
>
> http://www.theculture.org/rich/sharpblue/archives/000128.html
<http://www.theculture.org/rich/sharpblue/archives/000128.html>

The problem with your question is that there seems to be plenty of
evidence that not all DNA is created equal - that some DNA is more
important than other DNA.   Thus, its hard to really speak about your
hypothetical, as simply speaking about DNA in terms of percentages
doesn't seem to be all that usefull.

I would apply a few basic principles, however:

  -unborn children would have the same rights as adults, whatever those
rights may be

  -the default position would be to err on the side of protecting life;
that is, if one wishes to deny human rights to the organism, the burden
of proof would be to prove that the organism is a modified animal,
rather than a modified human

JDG