I don't know if you know who Billy Graham is, Charlie. He's the most famous
American evangelical preacher of the last 50 years.

...and I've seen him evangelise.

  A friend of mine is
sending me an email quoting Billy stating that evolution and Christianity are fully compatible He falls in the first category. I always thought he
was a fundamentalist, but its clear now that he isn't.

No, he's just an evangelical. And he seems to have avoid the power and money traps so many evangelists fall into (along with the fundamentalist leanings that are so easy to use in that "us vs them" way that the real greedmongers and loopers do.

Charlie