One of the ways that we differ is that I believe that definitions of words are
set by those that use the language...while you believe that words mean what
William Goodall want them to mean and that everyone else is wrong if they
differ with you.

The word that comes to mind here is narcissistic.

Just to check, I found a common source for definitions I haven't used before,
and now quote it's definition of religion: Answers.com

And I quote:

<quote>
re·li·gion (rĭ-lĭj'ən)
n.

1a) Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as
creator and governor of the universe.

1b) A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

2) The life or condition of a person in a religious order.

3) A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a
spiritual leader.

4) A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious
devotion.

<end quote>

Now, #4 is consistent with Tom Cruise and Scientology, but it is also
consistent with you and atheism.   Indeed almost anything can qualify as a
religion by definition #4...and I tend to think that's too broad of a category.
I don't think most folks would consider golf or running a religion, although
both are activities pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.  Thus, I think
that these are religions only in the metaphorical sense.

Dan M.