--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Nick Arnett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A while ago, somebody said "This country isn't at war, only our
> military is at war." I think that was profound. It bugs the heck out
> of me, to put it mildly, that our leaders ask no one except the troops
> to make sacrifices for the current wars. Although I certainly had
> some idea that corporations were making huge profits off the war, this
> editorial offers facts... although it's certainly not just the CEOs
> who are making all the money.

What is "huge profits"?   Is there some level of profits for these
companies that you would accept as not being "huge"?   Particularly
after accounting for the fact that companies which provide services to
the military naturally find their services to be in much greater demand
during wartime than in peacetime?

Also, do you have a problem with defense companies making sub-standard
profits during peacetime?   Do you believe that defense companies should
receive profits during wartime that would compensate them in the long
run for the risks they beared while their services were not in much
demand during peacetime?

  JDG