On Sep 15, 2006, at 5:15 AM, jdiebremse wrote:

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is why the Democrats will always lose: we lack the will
to feed poisonous lies to children to achieve our ends.

Uh huh.....

- It tells students that the United States went to war in Iraq
  because of weapons of mass destruction -- but fails to note
  that, in fact, Iraq did not have WMD. Nor does it note the
  increasing evidence that the Bush administration knew this
  all along and manipulated intelligence in order to make a
  dishonest case for war.

Apparently you just send them out in e-mail newsletters.....

Absolutely: emails that are sent out to people who specifically asked
for them, and who presumably knew that they were signing up for a
partisan email newsletter.

Well, let me put it this way.   Given that this partisan newsletter
accusing "The Path to 9/11" of intentionally not getting the facts right couldn't get the facts right itself, I'm totally disinclined to believe
that there was anything factually inaccurate about that movie, pending
further evidence.

OK. I have no problem with that. Some people were convinced by it,
others were not. ABC, evidently was among the latter group, and
Scholastic among the former.

You feel that the newsletter got its facts wrong. Oh, well. At least it
didn't air it on the public airwaves in front of millions of people who
haven't even bothered to consider their political positions beyond what
ever mommy and daddy said when they were six.

In the meantime, it simply looks like a totally hypocritical attempt to try and silence political speech (albeit not necessarily using the force of government to do so) engaged in by people who believe that "Farenheit 9/11" should be the only representation of the events leading up to that
day....

I do not believe that. FAIR does not believe that. Media Matters does not
believe that. The only people who believe that are some straw men set up
by your ilk.

Dave