Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
At 12:24 PM Monday 9/11/2006, Gibson Jonathan wrote:

Nonesense. Why do the puppetmasters pushing suicide bombers have less to lose than the soviet aparatchniks did?

'Cuz "a cave somewhere in Afghanistan or Pakistan" is harder to program into the nav system of a cruise missile than the GPS coordinates for "the men's room window of the Kremlin"?

Is it starve a cold and feed a fever, or other way around?

And if you have a cold _with_ fever, should you binge and purge?

Not as funny as the one that stopped me last night.  :)

In either case, if you're not a vegetarian, chicken broth is decent stuff. Having chunks of chicken, plus other stuff such as rice or noodles or various vegetables isn't a bad thing.

(I think the "starve a fever" went out at some point; if you're sick, eat what you can to keep up your strength. If you're having gastrointestinal issues, try just a BRAT diet until you're doing better. If you're vomiting, be very easy on your stomach, and if the vomiting doesn't start getting better before you're approaching problematic dehydration, get some meds for it. I personally like promethazine; in an IV, it puts me out fairly soundly, and if I'm in a situation where I'm already on an IV, sleeping probably is beneficial. Sure beats freaking out because someone has messed with the carefully-arranged lighting arrangement and walked out again before you can say anything.)

        Julia