----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Arnett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 2:03 PM
Subject: What plans???

> In one of the Democratic party's regular mass mailings, from Howard
> Dean today, I read this:
>
> "You know that Democrats have a real plan for destroying Osama bin
> Laden and al Qaeda, fixing the mess in Iraq, and really securing us
> at
> home."
>
> WTF?
>
> I don't know that at all. Where is this plan?  Anybody seen it?
> Anybody who claims to have a plan to "fix the mess in Iraq" is
> automatically suspect, as far as I'm concerned.  It ain't fixable.
> As
> Donald Rumsfeld predicted, it is a quagmire.  (Yeah, Rumsfeld.
> Years
> earlier, when somebody suggested we invade.)

I've said this before, but it bears repeating I believe.
The situation in Iraq is not a quagmire.
It is a "Tarbaby"
Iraq will not sink the US.
But involvement in Iraq will stick to anyone who gets their hands in
it and the stains will stay on us for a long time. It will take a lot,
a whole lot of cleaning to to remove *most* of those stains, but
removing all those stains will take a lot of work and a lot of time.
And until the stains are removed anyone involved closely with us is
likely to get a bit on them too.

xponent
Uncle Remus Reputations Maru
rob