Let me offer a fairly good and balanced website's take on this:

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=105

Basically, it shoots down the long term implications that were given by the
strongest advocates of the global dimming theory:

<quote>

Does this all have either an implication for the global climate sensitivity
(how much warming would result from a doubling of CO2) or the scenarios used
by IPCC to project climate changes out to 2100? This is where I have to
disagree most strongly with the commentary in the program. First, if we were
trying to estimate climate sensitivity purely from the response over the
20th century, we would need to know a number of things quite exactly:
chiefly the magnitude of all the relevant forcings. However, the
uncertainties in the different aerosol effects in particular, preclude an
accurate determination from the instrumental period alone. While it is true
that, holding everything else equal, an increase in how much cooling was
associated with aerosols would lead to an increase in the estimate of
climate sensitivity, the error bars are too large for this to be much of a
constraint. The estimate of 3+/-1 deg C (for doubled CO2) based on
paleo-data and model studies is therefore still valid, even after this
program.

<end quote>

FWIW, IMHO, the gues at realclimate.org sound like scientists in their
writing.  There is a particular "voice" that scientists use when writing
about their own field, and this site's writings are almost always in that
voice.

Dan M.