On Oct 25, 2006, at 11:49 AM, Andrew Crystall wrote:

On 25 Oct 2006 at 10:55, Nick Arnett wrote:

"Other developments were not encouraging, such as the bombing of the U.N. headquarters in Baghdad, the fact that we did not find stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, and the continued loss of some of America's finest sons
and daughters."

Yessir, how very encouraging it would have been to find some. It's just a damn shame that more tyrants don't have WMDs. But we can change that! In

You mean except the sarin shells and suchlike? Yea. no, he didn't
have nuclear capacity, but chemical and a willingness to use it? Ask
the Kurds.

AndrewC
Dawn Falcon

Yeah, and I'll have them write their answer on my picture of Rumsfeld shaking Saddams' hand. You know, the snapshot taken the very same week the UN report describing this Kurdish gassing you cite actually came out! Poppy Bush had Rummy there to smooth out public response to this report and they were all-too eager to have an Iraqi WMD infrastructure {that decade}. Like Nixon & Ford, who started Irans nuclear program under the Shah, the people in power now have a myopic take on history and rarely learn from their experiences, except how to set other countries up to knock down later.
Who was Def Sec under Ford... Rumsfeld!
Who got him that job, Chief of Staff... Cheney!

What are you arguing here?
The UN had rooted out everything of note - hence Bush lamenting not finding any when he insisted we attack anyway. How was Saddam supposed to prove a negative: Bush demanded he prove he no longer had WMD and warned the inspectors to leave {Saddam wanted them there to forestall invasion} so US could attack... It was all pretext to loot - both the target country resources and the US treasury and all we have is a handful of decade old dusty artillery shells to show for this threat.

So, Mr Braveheart. Content with being a real hero - but only when you play one online? Shall we sign you up to start marching into every country on your list of potential WMD harbingers? I can see North Korea is right up there at the moment - so I trust you enjoy kimchee and sleeping on permafrost? Or perhaps you insist your hide is worth more than one of Nick's family when it comes to promoting the values championed so bravely from behind the safety of your keyboard? Do you believe in them, but {somehow} not enough to actually go fight for them as you advocate others should? Eager to push for war when your safely drawing a salary and too good for boot camp? We have words for this sort of approach, but I'll wait for your response to see where you take my questions.

I'm more interested in whatever became of the Anthrax poisoning of a few key {democratic} leadership offfices just as the Patriot Act was coming up for review. That investigation has mysteriously dried up after tracking US milspec grade production was involved. We have more to worry about Weapons of Mass Deception than anything else these days.

- Jonathan -