On 27/10/2006, at 9:14 AM, Andrew Crystall wrote:

Your blatent lies and historical revisionism.. well, when do we get
to the holocaust denial? Because THAT is another logical progression,
from the little popular historical re-writings to the major ones, as
paranoia progresses. Seen it all before, in formerly rational people.

Andrew, calm down. Equating doubt about your unconventional claims

Charlie, piss off.

No.

about the level of Saddam's weapons stockpile with holocaust denial
is just disgraceful. It's not on at all.

No, it's RIGHT up there. Denial of rational facts because of a belief
bias which prevents you from listening to the evidence. Same goat,
same goat.

Uh huh. Who's being rational? Disagreement is not denial.

(If you want a *real* flamestorm, I recently stated on a MMO forum
that there was no difference between the rights of the RIAA to
restrict digital music distribution and the rights of MMO makers to
restrict real-money trade of their in-game currency and goods).

That's arguable. But why are you determined to start a flame storm? You can *talk* on this forum. You might think we're being stupid or whatever, but you can convince most people with the right evidence. I just haven't been convinced so far that the evidence you've provided justifies your viewpoint to me.

There aren't any denialists here, just people who doubt evidence that
you keep claiming but haven't provided clear evidence for. You keep

Again, read the links. People talking rubbish about the rounds, when
the rounds were BINARY, and rounds from the same era had seals which
were, verifyably from the roadside incidents, still intact as late as
early 2004.

That doesn't actually take the discussion further. That they had seals intact in 2004 says nothing about where they were made or stored, or when, or indeed if they were retooled misfires that were found. We still find unexploded and dangerous WW2 ordinance in the East End now and again. Proof that Germany has an active war against the Allies, indeed...

saying it's there, you desperately want to believe it, but you
haven't shown the evidence that'll convince many of the critical
thinkers here.

Critical? You're mush-heads who can't believe simply FACTS when
they're put before you, trying desperately to YOUR belief that Saddam
had no NBC weapons and no willingness to use them.

Not what I've said at all. I'm just disagreeing with your interpretation and reasoning. I don't think there were no weapons at all, I just think the scope and threat was greatly exaggerated by the US Administration, and that Saddam could've been kept as he was until the job in Afghanistan was done. He was so tied up with the increasing weapons inspections he couldn't do much. As it is, we now have two complete clusterfucks, one on each side of an already theocratic fundamentalist state, and much bolder extremists all over the area as Hizbollah's escalation showed. Frankly, I'm glad to be out of the region.

Charlie