On 10/27/06, jdiebremse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I know that its very easy for you to believe that Republicans are
cold-hearted monsters - but demonisation of your opponents is rarely
true.   I don't know what the specific answer is in this case, but I
suspect that the above questions are probably on the road to the
answer....

Yeah, and I'm sure that the other 154 votes were just examples of good old
fiscal conservatism and don't for a moment mean that the majority of
Republicans consistently voted against the interests of veterans.

It's not cold-heartedness.  It is hypocrisy.  It is saying one thing with
their words and quite another with their votes.  It is irresponsible to
start a war and then cut veterans benefits because you say there isn't
enough money, especially while boasting of your tax cuts.

How do you spin the shifting of a big chunk of the VA budget onto the
veterans through increased fees, copayments, etc.?  The increases are far,
far more than inflation would account for.  There is no change in how the
money is spent, only who it is collected from.  How do you justify that?
Especially during a war?

We support veterans... just not with money.  Phooey.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]