At 11:16 AM Saturday 11/25/2006, Gary Nunn wrote:

It doesn't surprise me that this scholarship is causing a stir.  For years,
I've thought that the single biggest perpetrators of bigotry were
organizations like the NAACP and Rev. Jessie Jackson (with due respect to
his positive accomplishments).

Does anyone here think Charlie Rangle really believes for a picosecond that a draft would be more fair to poor blacks than the all-volunteer armed forces? Do you think he has forgotten that one of the big arguments _against_ the draft during the Vietnam war was that it was unfair to poor blacks? In fact, do you think he gives a rodent's posterior about anything but convincing enough people to vote for him to keep him in office?

Florida Swamp Land For Sale Cheap Maru

-- Ronn!  :)

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
- Mark Twain, a Biography