On 21/03/2007, at 1:38 AM, Nick Arnett wrote:

> I have found that some of them didn't last nearly as long as
> advertised.  I
> had 'seven year' bulbs fail in less than a year.  I know that the
> older ones
> will die faster if they're turned on and off often, but I'm not
> sure about
> those with electronic ballasts.

Some brands are to avoid. You'll soon find out which... it's usually
the "budget ones" - it's better to pay a buck or two more for the
Phillips or similar rather than the cheap knockoffs.

Now that it's possible to get a nice warm yellow light, it's a far
more attractive proposition that it used to be.

Charlie