>There are screws which have a hexagonal-shaped depression in  the head
>which require a tool which is variously called an "Allen  wrench" or a
>"hex key" to turn them.  Then there are some which  have a hexagonal
>depression in the head but instead of being flat the  bottom of the
>depression has a raised bump in the center, which means  that a
>regular Allen wrench or hex key will not go far enough down into  the
>depression to turn them.  (Which I think is the point.)   Any of you
>engineering types or handypersons know what the latter are  properly
>called?  I need to open something to [attempt to] repair  it, and it
>is held together with that type of screws, and since all I  have are
>regular hex keys (some plain, some with ball ends), I need to  know
>what kind of tool to get in order to remove and replace those
>screws.  I've tried searching on-line for things like "hex key" and
>"bump" together, with no luck so far . . .
>
>-- Ronn!   :)

A bit late, but may still be helpful info.  One of my favorite  professional
websites is _http://www.thomasnet.com/_ (http://www.thomasnet.com/)

Started as a  clearing house of equipment/industry/manufacturers of
stuff that many  people used to find ergonomic tools/options, but has
drastically  morphed.  Great for finding tools you have a "concept" for
but don't know  where to find (for me the first things I looked for were
pneumatic chisel  and pallet handling devices).  It is a monster
site now, but you  can link to hundreds/thousands of catalogs
from one site  which helps when you are window shopping and
costing  things.

Catching up,
Dee