jon louis mann wrote:
> Pulitzer honoree says it was never about censorship:
>
> http://www.laweekly.com/news/news/ray-bradbury-fahrenheit-451-misinterpreted/16524/>
>  -- Ronn!  :)
>

> Ray Bradbury rips Michael Moore
> 'Fahrenheit 451' author says filmmaker stole his title for Bush-bash
> http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38776
>   --jon
>
> Wow, that's amazing that it was *exactly* N years ago today that that
> article was published!  (N=3 for anyone not wanting to bother looking
> or not remembering what year it was.)
>         Julia
>
> The censorship article was in this weeks LAW. The article I referenced
> is from around the time F451 was coming out and amid much controversy.
> I just don't understand why Moore, who I happen to admire, ignored
> Bradbury's attempts to contact him.  It would have been a small thing
> to acknowledge his homage to Bradbury. Instead he comes off as arrogant
> and insensitive to an old man's feelings, who could have agreed with
> the premise of Moore's film.
>
> Knowledge is Power

What happened in 2004 made me think that Moore was just a blowhard and
*anything* he did should be taken with a barrel of salt.  That was just
a really bad PR move on his part that ticked off a bunch of intelligent
people who might be otherwise willing to defend him against detractors.

Documentary director?  Give me Spike Lee, any day.

        Julia