William T Goodall wrote:

> Many people think RAHs young adult novels were his best work. Many
> SF  and fantasy writers have produced their best work writing for
> and  about teenagers and young adults. Thomas M Disch argued that SF
> was a  branch of children's literature and the BBC (as an example)
> seems to  agree with all SF programming traditionally relegated to
> the child- friendly early evening.

Brazilian (cable and open) TV now has very few new SF for adults;
OTOH there are lots of SF for teens and children. Since we get
international SF with a few months delay, I guess this is the
status worldwide - with probably a few exceptions made by
fringe companies.

(ok, there are _Heroes_, _4400_, _Smallville_ and _Supernatural_,
but I would call the first three as superhero fantasies, and
the last as pop-horror).

Alberto Monteiro