> Charlie Bell wrote
>
> "Like everyone else"? A majority of people in motor vehicles speed.
> Cyclists who do flaunt road rules, flaunt different road
> rules to car drivers, but they're still a minority of cyclists.

Hit a nerve, did I?  Didn't mean to.  Yes, most motorists flaunt certain
rules of the road.  Heck, here in Missouri we've turned the rolling stop
into an art-form.  And you'd have to be nuts to drive on the interstate
at the posted speed limit.  My sister has been forced off the road on a
couple of occassions while biking, at least once was clearly
intentional.

> Yes, cyclists who break the rules piss me off too, as they
> make it harder for the law-abiding ones, but don't make out
> that "everyone else" obeys the rules and only cyclists
> infringe. That's simply bollocks. A look at the Wheels of
> Justice website will soon show you that...

That's certainly not what I meant or intended to say.  My experience
here is that many cyclists appear not to realize they are subject to the
same rules of the road as motorists.  "Just like a car" was a mantra
drilled into me as a kid.  I don't see that often enough.

  - jmh

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.