Alberto Monteiro wrote:
> This is not necessarily true - if there's unused land and
> the new crop grows into that land, then this would have no positive
> impact in the food price. The reverse would even be more likely,
> since if it becomes not viable to turn the food crop into fuel,
> the new crop would compete with the previous crops, making
> food prices cheaper.

Unused land suitable for corn or sugarcane?  Surely you jest.

Being able to grow switchgrass on marginal land not suitable for other,
more traditional, crops is one of its benefits.  We would not be
stealing crop output usually used for foodstuffs to produce fuel.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
 Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/