On Apr 10, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Gary Nunn wrote:

> COLUMBUS, Ohio, April 9 (UPI) -- An Ohio lawmaker has proposed a bill
> requiring parents of public school children to volunteer at the
> schools or pay a $100 fine.

This was the policy at the private school Ryan attended through 4th
grade: if you didn't volunteer for at least one of the two parent work
days, you were fined $100. Actually, it was the other way around: you
were charged $100, which would be refunded if you "volunteered".

It sure didn't feel good at a private school, I can imagine that it
would not sit too well across a whole state, even if it is the kind
of state that joins the rush of states banning gay marriage...

> The bill, introduce by state Rep. Sandra Williams, would require
> parents
> tovolunteer for a minimum of 13 hours each year or pay the fine, the
> Cleveland Plain Dealer reported Tuesday.

In Ohio, your time is worth about $7.70/hour.

Dave

In Soviet Ohio, the state volunteers YOU maru