On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Charlie Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Sounds like the school district is not allowing religion to be an
> > excuse for
> > inappropriate teaching.
>
> Um. *blink* I'm talking about the school kids and parents supporting
> the teacher's bad (and, um, probably criminal) behaviour.

Point taken... but I guess I'm drawing a difference between those who defend
this sort of thing because they are like-minded and those who defend it on
principle when they aren't like-minded.  I don't see much of the latter.
 You don't see atheists rallying around that guy because they believe in his
principles.

And... I just noticed where this happened.  I spent my freshman year of
college there (actually in Gambier; Mount Vernon is the closest town of any
size near Kenyon College).  Even in those days, Mount Vernon was the home of
some, er, interesting people.  Their favorite son is a general, whose name
won't come to me, whose politics were somewhere to the right of Atilla the
Hun, I believe.

--
Nick Arnett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]