On 24 Apr 2008 at 20:55, Max Battcher wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Open Source and use a number of
> applications that I like better in spite of their commercial equivalents
> (Firefox, Lightningbird (Thunderbird + Lightning plugin), Vim, Inkscape,
> ...), but OO.org, to me, seems the lesser choice to Office.  Given the
> choice I'd much rather work in Office than OO.org.

At a workplace where I had to use Office 07, it cut my productivity
in it by over a third, and created no end of issues. Managing
formating was such a problem I ended up copy/pasting between two
documents a lot to force the precise text formating I wanted.

Also, ironically, I can't stand thunderbird and use pegasus mail.

AndrewC