On 07/06/2008, at 2:22 AM, John Garcia wrote:

> Now that it looks like it's McCain vs. Obama (listed in alphabetical
> order)
> I was wondering what you all think of this matchup. I'm especially
> interested in what
> our friends from outside of the USA think.

Young dynamic world-travelled senator with a background in
constitutional law vs old guy who'll carry on in much the same vein as
the current lot:

Should be a no-brainer.

However: Obama's viewed as a nigger, elitist, soft, too young and a
Muslim variously by chunks of voting Americans and it may be that the
Republicans can throw enough mud to keep Obama out.

Would be a shame, as he's by far the better of the two for America's
position in the rest of the world. But I won't be surprised with
another 4 years of Republicans in power. I'll be celebrating hard if
Obama wins.

Charlie.