> I've never believed in conspiracies.  Greed - sure,> incompetance - yes, >
> indifference - yep, fear - yes that too, but not in global> conspiracies >
> orchestrated by a powerful few.> I think the global economy is what it is,
> because of the> sum of everybody's > individual actions, both in rich
> countries and in poor> countries.  I don't > think it has been structured.  I
> think it has evolved.
> I think the US went into Iraq for multiple (mostly bad)> reasons.  I don't >
> think it was anywhere as simple as, lets go in to get the> oil.  I think that
> > is a way to simplistic theory.   The world and human> behavior is very >
> complex - no doubt beyond the analysis of even a Hari> Seldon.> Regards,>
> Wayne.

i am not saying there is a global conspiracy, wayne.  bush/cheney are
opportunists who fubared the global economy through sheer incompetence.  the
structure of haves and have nots is the human condition, it is instinctual.
our species evolved by being competitive.  other species survive by being
cooperative.  natural selection rewards those who are ruthless.

don't discount oil as a motive.  we would not have invaded iraq otherwise.  we
went into vietnam for their resources, also.  most wars are fought over control
of trade.

religion, idealogy and wmd, etc. are just pretexts that governments use to
galvanize their population.  cheney/bush had planned on going after saddam
before 9/11.  they saw an opportunity and took it.  they used fear and hate of
the other to further their greed and lust for power.
jon