> Jon  wrote:
> > it's wicked because it creates even more
> scaricities among other children
> > in undeveloped countries whose parents do not have the
> resources to support
> > and nurture.

> Bulls__t.   The problems in underdeveloped nations will be
> ameliorated when
> their people become more educated.  We could deprive
> ourselves of resources
> and send the proceeds directly to those nations and it
> wouldn't do a bit of
> good.  They have to be able to pull themselves up.
> Whatever we can do to
> catalyze that, we should do.
>  would you suggest that we forbid anyone too poor from
> having children?

> > Of course not.
> Doug

how can i possibly refute the bovine excrement argument?

the problem, doug, is that many undeveloped nations rich in resources are
governed by despots who need to maintain an ignorant population in poverty so
they can continue to use the wealth for their own purposes.  when advanced
societies enable this so they can continue their global trade advantage it is
simply the new colonialism.

how can you say we can't help the ver countries we are exploiting with our
resources? it would only be just if advanced countries jointly used sanctions
and other incentives to forve ALL oppressive governments to provide for their
people.
jon

what do you believe can be done to catalyze human rights in those countries;
pre-emptive attacks?