At 08:41 PM Wednesday 8/27/2008, Pat Mathews wrote:

>Bummer! Where were you living? Because my daughters escaped that,
>and this town is a lot quieter now than it was then.

Just recent events on the local news in Birmingham, AL.

And I'm not counting things like the discovery about a week or so ago
of the bodies of five Hispanic men in a house south of town (in what
is considered a more affluent and better suburb than the city itself)
who had been tortured with electric shocks before having their
throats slashed, which seems to have been a drug-related crime (they
made some arrests over the weekend).

. . . ronn!  :)