On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 8:47 AM, John Williams
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I find it sad how many people here speak with great authority about that
> which
> they obviously do not know.

Yes, it is so sad.  Almost as sad as the patronizing attitude some folks
exhibit when they are certain that most everybody else is an idiot.

> Bringing a theory of everything in simply confuses matters. I don't know
> what your college
> physics class taught, but mine covered the situation with general
> relativity and quantum
> mechanics, which indeed are not reconciled. But that has nothing to do with
> Newtonian
> physics.

Which made me realize that I didn't say what I was really thinking, which
was what you said -- reconciling general relativity with quantum mechanics.

Hey, it's still kind of early in the morning here (for a Sunday) and I
haven't finished my coffee.

Nick