On 19 Oct 2008, at 22:48, Nick Arnett wrote:
> During the weeks following my post, we had abnormally high activity
> -- more
> than two standard deviations from the mean.  One of those weeks, we
> were at
> more than five standard deviations above the mean.

Obviously controversy always causes a flurry of postings. For a true
picture one must wait until the list quiesces again.

>  Even during the last two
> weeks, which have been lower than the previous six, we were still
> less than
> one standard deviation below the mean,

One standard deviation below eh?

> which means that the activity level
> since my post has only been unusually high, not at any time
> unusually low.

That's a whole lot of spin :-)

QED Maru

  "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product
of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still
primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish." - Albert
Einstein

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]