On 10/26/2008 5:16:57 PM, John Williams ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Well, on my ballot, if I were to not vote for the incumbent in a lot of
>
> > the state & local races, that left me with a choice between a Democrat
> and
> > a Libertarian in all of the cases where I was left with a choice of 2
> > non-incumbents.  The Democrats would be more likely to spend more.
> Which
> > is why I came to the conclusion I did.
> >
> > I guess your ballots are somewhat different from mine, then, in terms of
>
> > how heavily any given party is represented, and how likely a candidate
> > from a particular party is to beat one from another particular party.
>
> I wish there were as many libertarians in the top 3 on my ballots as
> there
> were on yours! You must live in a libertarian-friendly area.

I'm a couple of hundred miles from Julia. There are always Libertarians on
the ballot here and I vote for them frequently.
Why?
Because I trust their conservatism more than I trust Republican conservatism
and I want them promoted.
No, I don't support Ron Paul. (My high school economics teacher was his
father-in-law) He is not much for pragmatism and seems to prefer polemics,
but that makes his followers happy it seems.
Heh!
There are videos of me on the net talking to Paulies at a Republican
convention.
(If you find them keep it quiet so I won't be namefagged.)

xponent
Most Famous For Maru
rob