On 10/27/2008 9:24:30 AM, John Williams ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Bruce Bostwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> > the Fed
> can't really even estimate or predict how
> > far the repercussions of that market collapse are going to extend even
> > years into the future.)
>
> The Fed can't
> predict the housing market, the stock market, the CDS
> market, or pretty much any market. Only God can do that.

But he aint letting us in on the skinny.<G>

> > the financial industry is made up of mature adults who know what
> >
> they're doing so we should trust them and not get in their way
>
> The financial industry is made up of a bunch of greedy people who think
> they know more than they actually do. So is the political industry. I
> prefer the former -- at least they can't
> force me to waste my money.

No, but unless you don't understand the financials as well as you seem to,
they can make what money you have worthless. It hasn't really been said
aloud lately, but that is pretty much one of the basic points of this
discussion.
Right now, deflation is a very real concern, and money is not the same thing
as value.
You use the word "money" quite often, but what I think you are actually
concerned about is your affluence. And that is something a bit different. In
my case, my affluence and the value of my work (as an index of affluence)
are my greatest concerns.

xponent
Chaotic Functions Maru
rob