Charlie Bell wrote:
> On 15/11/2008, at 10:56 PM, Claes Wallin wrote:
>> Is there another virtual-world community with similar features that
>> you
>> would recommend as an alternative? I'm genuinely interested to know.
>
> The pub?

+1 funny, +1 insightful.

The pub does offer some of the benefits of the kind of platform I am
looking for, plus beer, but it doesn't offer me the tools to build and
interact with 3D models.

I could bring my own tools and raw materials to the pub and start
working ("ok, let's start with a two-meter-high wooden box here!"), but
I suspect I might get thrown out. Not to mention the time and cost as
opposed to a virtual alternative. Also, the other eight customers are
not likely to want to play with and comment on my work, whereas in a
virtual community of thousands I should be able to find a few who happen
to be interested in the same kinds of designs as I am.

    /c