Original Message:
-----------------
From: Charlie Bell char...@culturelist.org
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 12:59:20 +1100
To: brin-l@mccmedia.com
Subject: Re: Israel to collapse in 25 years?

On 04/01/2009, at 10:54 AM, Dan M wrote:
> Plus, demographics favor the Palestinians in the long run.  Further,
> since
> Arabs control oil, there is a great desire to please Arabs by many
> world
> powers (the UN tacit approval of the genocide in the Sudan is a good
> example
> of this),

>No it's no - the UN and African Union have peace-keeping operations in
>Darfur. They're underfunded and undereffective, but that's not "tacit
>approval".

Oh, that's not what I meant.  I was thinking about things the UN voting the
Sudan on the Human Rights commission _while the genocide was going on_, the
UN publically chiding the United States for calling the genocide by it's
proper name and other actions that give a wink and a nod to the actions of
Sudan. It's akin to what happened with Serbicidia, where the Russians
allowed ineffective peacekeepers, but stopped any meaningful action.

Dan M.

Dan M.