On 24/01/2009, at 10:53 AM, Nick Arnett wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Charlie Bell
> <char...@culturelist.org>wrote:
>>

>> It's closer to the first example you suggest than the second, but
>> it's
>> part of a general trope of less-good science writing that pitches
>> every new minor spin on science as rewriting the whole body of theory
>> that is really starting to wind me up.
>

> I'll bet you were happy, as I was, to hear applause when Obama said
> "We will
> restore *science* to its rightful place..."

Oh yes, absolutely. And he's made a fantastic start, IMO. Choices I
applaud on the most part for his Cabinet, and his early moves to
reverse some of the constitutional disarray of the last 8 years fill
me with hope again.

I'm not sure that most Americans realise how this election has
affected people all over the world.

Charlie.