On May 6, 2009, at 5:57 PM, William Goodall wrote:

Anti-evolutionist Don McLeroy, a dentist and chair of the Texas State Board of Education, testified at Friday's hearing: "I disagree with these experts. Someone has got to stand up to experts."

Especially people who .. you know .. lack any kind of scientific expertise at all?

I guess it helps if you go in already knowing what you believe and determined not to let objective reality get in the way ..

"What is this shadow across the highway of Divine Command? It is a warning that institutions endure, that symbols endure when their meaning is lost, that there is no summa of all attainable knowledge."