On 25 Jul 2009, at 04:02, John Williams wrote:

I just watched the 3rd season of Torchwood, which was a 5 episode
mini-series called "Children of Earth". What a disappointment.
[snip]

Then I looked at the Torchwood forum on imdb.com, and found that quite
a few people posting thought Children of Earth was the best
science-fiction they have seen in quite a while! One post even
compared it to Firefly. Ouch.

I quite enjoyed it. The ending was weak as usual for Davies.

I'm trying to think of any good sci-fi on television recently, or
coming soon, but the only thing I can think of is Dollhouse. Umm, and
possibly A Game of Thrones, if it ever makes it to HBO, but that is
fantasy, not science fiction.

The pilot for _Virtuality_ was good, and they're still shopping that around looking for international partners so it may yet become a series. The trailer for the latest Stargate spinoff, _Stargate Universe_ makes it look like the best thing in that franchise for many years.

In the new season TV the remake of _V_ starring Morena Baccarin and _FlashForward_ based on the novel by Robert J Sawyer both look interesting.

_Lost_ and _Fringe_ both return. _Lost_ was excellent last season and I expect great things from the final season. _Fringe_ kicked up a gear with the twists and revelations at the end of the first season so it will be interesting where that goes.