OK, I'll bite.  We know that the financial crisis can be traced to things
like the use of the VAR model and credit default swaps to the tune of 45
trillion dollars.  A system was set up that was based on the assumption that
a model that cuts off the low probability tale would be perfectly adequate.

If financial risks/rewards followed the normal Gaussian distribution, that
would be true.  The VAR would allow one to skate very close to the edge,
running highly leveraged investments, with virtually no risk.

But, we know that, historically, black swans have been a key part of both
true financial growth and financial collapses.  One might reasonably argue
that credit default swaps were a clever way to have high leverage without
technically violating the laws that limit bank leverage.  But, the collapse
was due to the overwhelming leverage itself.  Your argument would be valid
if and only if leverage would stop causing problems if only the government
didn't try to stop it.  But, of course, there are countless examples of
leveraged bubbles bursting in areas that governments had not regulated, so
one would need to show how government regulations where they didn't regulate
caused it.

Your writings are consistent with the viewpoint of one who knows government
is the root cause of all that is wrong a priori, and needs not look at data
to look at the truth.

Dan M.