At 03:43 PM 9/8/2009, you wrote:

snip

Energy is a far more serious problem than climate change because of the close coupling between energy and food. If we don't solve the energy crisis, there will be awful problems such as wars and famines.

If we do solve the energy crisis in a way that gets rid of fossil fuels, then we might still have climate change, but it isn't likely to be a big problem. Enough energy and we can even pull CO2 out of the air. Work it out, 300 TW years will convert 100 ppm of CO2 to synthetic oil which could be stored in empty oil fields.

Keith