Nick Arnett wrote:

> Julia's question reminded me that you folks are a bit of a
> brain trust... I need to figure out what would be the best
> platform for gathering pictures, stories, videos and such
> about my sister, particular for her daughter to know her
> as she grows up.

Wikipedia once began a project dedicated to the memories of the
victims of 9/11, but latter the scope was changed to include
the memories of everyone. I guess the project is still not active,
after 6 years of useless discussions:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipeople

But I think you should start by keeping it simple: just dedicate
one directory to her memories, and backup it to your niece's
computer as frequently as she changes computers or you digitalize
more stuff. That's how I keep my electronic memories.

Alberto Monteiro