On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Pat Mathews <mathew...@msn.com> wrote:

>  Okay. Have it your way. We/they didn't save enough and consume health care
> with reckless abandon. May you never be in the workplace where the clerk,
> knowing that one must never, ever, consume health care one cannot afford,
> comes to work with the flu.

That is a poor example of reducing health care costs. Flu shots cost almost
nothing compared to expensive diagnostics (MRI, CT scans, etc.) or  major
surgeries. Also, paying for health care for the working is not a big
problem, but paying for decades of premium health care for the retired is a
big problem.