Dan Minette wrote:

> In hindsight, the housing bubble is obvious.

It was obvious to _me_, back in the 1990s, when I read
that the average american had debts that were of the
magnitude of 3x their actual possessions. I think I
saw that in this list (I certainly said that in
the brazilian lists).

Here in Brazil, where interest rates used to be 15%
_a month_ + inflation correction (the banks now are not
so much greedy; they offer money at 5% a month, and
don't even bother to correct inflation), nobody believed
in my doomsdays scenarios.

> Heck, at the time, I knew
> there was a housing bubble, and if you look at Brin-l archives, you
> will see that I wrote it.

Ah, the files. How hard to find anything there :-(

Alberto Monteiro

PS: and I am glad that my _other_ prophetic doomsday
scenario is still in the Future.

PPS: OTOH, my local doomsday scenario was an epic fail