But I didn't say everybody hated America: just that Russia looked upon the US
and China as its adversaries; China looked upon the US and Russia as its
adversaries, and the US looked upon Russia and China as its adversaries.
Perfect triangulation,which probably kept the peace for decades.

As for Latin America - I think public opinion there was very closely related to
whatever our deeds were in each specific country and period, so you'd get a lot
of variation there. Same with other nations outside of Europe; Europe, in that
period, was our friend.

Does that clarify matters?

http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/